All I did today was free motion quilt. I got the middle panel done and then quilted inside of each of the letter squares around the center panel.
Tomorrow I have to do the straight line quilting around the letter boxes and quilt the borders. You are supposed to quilt the border fabric, right? (better google that!).
I feel like I got a lot done today, but of COURSE I had a couple of snags along the way! First my bobbin of thread ran out. No biggie, just add a new one, right? Yup. But, for some reason the tension was all off and I had a MESS. It was pulling the red up to the top and the bottom wasn't pulling tight. So, I took it off and messed around w/ the tension and used a scrap piece of fabric to get it figured out. I ended up working back with it on the original tension I had. I had to re-thread my top thread a couple of times and I think that fixed it. Odd.
I finally got the ball rolling and I was cruising along.. then, to my dismay, this happened:
I thought I'd show you my super rad gardening gloves that are my new BQF (best quilting friend)! They have saved my fingers from a countless amount of finger pricks! These have a deerskin palm and fingers so they grip the fabric well, but are soft and supple as well!
Another one of my favorite sewing items is my electronic bobbin winder! I picked this up for half off, plus my teacher's discount, so it was cheap! It's super fun!!
Up tomorrow: Play date on the Mini Train and hopefully finishing up the quilting!! Woot!