Thursday, July 21, 2011

Easy Peasy Artisan bread (egg & dairy free!!)

If you like crusty, artisan bread then listen up! I've got a GREAT recipe for you!! If you are like me, as much as I like to cook and bake, making my own bread isn't high on my priority list! I'm not a huge bread eater, but I do like it. You don't need a bread maker for this bread. You only need a few simple ingredients! It's so easy that I will be making this a lot, I am sure! 

This bread makes me  happy for many reasons:
1. It is EASY.
2. It made my house smell marvelous! (Brooke said it smelled soooo good... like popcorn!...).
3. It is egg and diary free so my allergic son can eat to his hearts content!! (and he totally enjoyed it!!).
4. It is also when I have to be on the Low Iodine Diet (to prepare for thyroid scans). yay!! (must use Kosher salt).
5. It's very versatile. I can see adding many different things to this basic recipe to change it up a bit!

Here is the link to the recipe from the Make and Takes blog. Check it out and make this. Seriously. Do it.

 The dough. LOTS of dough.

The recipe said to divide it into thirds. I divided it into fourths and they loaves were still quite large. Perfectly sized actually.

I heart my baking stone!

Perfect!
 
Lots of loaves! I froze 3!

Tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...