Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mi Vida Loca!

Or should that be Mi Vida Loco? I think Loca is right, since I'm a girl and the "a" is feminine. Anyway, life has been crazy.. as per usual! Going back to school (FINALLY)  was exciting and good, but hectic! I went back to school right after Thanksgiving Break. I glowed for entirely TOO long! Even once I went back home I sitll wasn't able to hold my kids for more than 15 minutes at a time for a couple days. I didn't sleep with them for another few days. It was rough, but even as I write this, just a month later, it seems a distant memory. A lot of this whole cancer ordeal is fading actually. I am glad to report that I have healed well. My scar is gradually healing and I often forget about it... until I look in the mirror!

Thankfully I am a teacher and we get two weeks off for our Winter Break. Brooke had her tonsils and adenoids out as well as had her sinuses flushed the Thursday before break. Needless to say, she has been recovering the past couple of weeks. She did really well, but it was a big surgery. She's almost back to normal! Benjamin got very sick the day of Brooke's surgery. He had to be picked up eary b/c of a fever. Corey took him to the doctor the next day and he has RSV, a bad sinus infection, and a nose infection! They sent him for chest x-rays, but luckily they didn't show pneumonia. He received a breathing treatment in office and then was sent home with a nebulizer and a prescription for treatments every 3-4 hours! He also had to take an oral steroid, had a prescription nose cream, and a high dose of antibiotics. Poor thing, but it all helped him tremendously! He is just getting over another high fever (and one night of throwing up?!). What is with this year and all of the illness in this family?!?! I am SO ready for a new year, and a new beginning! 2011 has to be better! :)

Brooke before surgery.

This is just after we were able to see her in recovery. She loved this popsicle!

Brooke did GREAT! With her age being under three, they said that there was a 50/50 chance she would have to stay overnight, depending on her oxygen levels and how she tolerated fluids. We left our house at 10am and were home by 3:30pm! She got to ride a wagon out to the parking garage! So fun!

Here is Baby Benjamin during one of his treatments.

This Santa is the dad of one of our friends. This is the ONLY Santa that Brooke didn't completely freak out around! I'm so glad we got a picture of both of them with Santa!

This was the BIG gift from Santa for both kids. Brooke asked her Elf on the Shelf, "Marker", for a play kitchen every day! Needless to say, this is a HUGE hit! It better be... it took us nearly FOUR hours to assemble! The look on Brooke's face when she found it was SO worth it though!

Santa was GOOOOD to us this year! Santa NEVER pays full retail price for anything, though! ;) The play kitchen was hidden behind gifts in the back right corner!

Ahh!! SO cute!!

My gorgeous blondie!

My precious boy!

Such a silly girl!

You know it was a good day when it ends like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...