Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Easy Peasy Chicken Enchiladas

Okay, are you ready for an oh-my-gosh-this-is-so-easy-and-tasty recipe?! Good! Corey texted me and asked if I could make chicken enchiladas for dinner. Suuuure.. why not?! Let me just whip those right on up, honey! :) He wanted "those ones we had last time:" "Those" were a long time ago and I have no idea where I found that recipe... so far back.. it was before the days of Pinterest *gasp*!!! I really do need to find that recipe though and Pin it. Since I couldn't find something that didn't require a trip to the store, I went ahead and made my own little concoction, using some things I saw in various other recipes. The result was very good, if I do say so myself!

***AAAAAHHHHH!! I had to reset my phone last night and all of the pictures I took of making this meal got deleted!! *cry*. I will make this again and will update this with pictures at that time. Until then, I'm sorry but all you get is words and a picture of them the next day. As a visual person, this irks me!

Ingredients:
* Flour tortillas (I actually used some Flat Out wraps as well, for a more "healthy" version, I'm sure you could also use corn if you prefer)
* 1 cup salsa
* 6-8oz of cream cheese
* 2 cans of chicken breast (of course you can use the real stuff and shred it!)
* 2 cups of shredded cheese
* Optional- a can of enchilada sauce (I'd use green since it's chicken, but go crazy and use red if you like it) or extra salsa

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350*
2. In a saucepan, melt your cream cheese over low heat with your 1 cup of salsa. Once it is combined, add in your chicken and stir to mix well.
3. In your 9x13 dish, open up a tortilla or wrap (when using the Flat Out wraps, cut them in half so they are closer to the size of a tortilla), scoop a heaping spoonful of your chicken mixture into the middle. Don't make it all one big gob, spread it out from top to bottom, but keep it in the middle of your tortilla. (GOD, I hate that I don't have pics of this!!).
4. Wrap your tortilla around the filling by pulling one side around it and then overlapping the other side on top of it slightly. Place your enchilada with the seam side down and repeat with the rest of your tortillas until you have filled the pan or run out of filling! (For mine, I ended up making 8 total and they fit in there perfectly!).
5. Pour some additional salsa (or enchilada sauce) over the top of your enchiladas and sprinkle generously with your cheese.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and  heated through. 25 minutes was the perfect amount in my oven.

These are so delicious! I served them with sour cream and Jalapinto beans on the side!

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe they do not sell jalapinto beans here!! No "Ranch Style" either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I am going to bookmark this and make it soon. We will do the beans and sour cream and add some rice. I just can't eat Mexican food unless it has rice somewhere in it for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...